The village is the twin village of Chedia Mare it lies on the 38 village road in the deep valley of the Chedia stream in front of the Medisoru peak at a hight of 500-525 meters from the sea. Its neighbors are: Nicolesti in the east, Chedia Mare in the west, Ruganesti in the south.
The inner territory of the village is merely 36 hectares, around it are hills. Because of the drying up of the Chedia stream the inhabitants have problems with drinking water.
The village is first mentioned in writing in 1567 as Kus Kede, Kws Kede, Kiskede.
The number of the inhabitants in 73, 71 of them are Hungarians, 2 Romanians. The Unitarians are the most in number, 65, after them come the Reformed, 6. There is one Orthodox and one Roman Catholic in the village. ( dates from 2002)
The former Catholic village became a Unitarian village during the Reformation. Together with the Unitarian Chedia Mare they built a church on the hill found between the two villages, called the Church hill. So the two settlements form a distinct church since 1816 when they separated from Nicolesti.
According to some sources the church already existed in 1723, but it was rebuilt in 1900 from wood in a New Renaissance manner.
The belfry bought in 1828 made from oak tree was built on the southern part of the church.
The first elementary school was founded in 1820 together with Chedia Mare. For many years the writer, and folk-poetry gatherer Tiboldi Istvan was a teacher of the school.
Every year it is harder to keep up functioning the elementary school because of the little number of children.
In Chedia Mare they founded a |Reformed elementary school only in 1922. From 1948 to 1970 there was a state school. After that was closed the children went to school to Chedia Mica.
Until 1675 there was a lively cultural life in the village. The community house was built in 1923 where they performed plays, organized balls every year. They also organized parties in the open air, especially on the 1 st of May. The village used to have a library, unfortunately the most of the books were lost during the 2 nd World War.
Nowadays because of the heavy migration of the inhabitants cultural life in the village is dead.