In the center of Cobacesti north from the Unitarian church the county road number 135 turns in the direction of the valley of the Konyha stream. Going this way 2.5 kilometers we arrive at Tarcesti at a height of 490-500 meters. Upwards from the community house lays Felszeg and downwards lays Alszeg. The fields of the village are merely 772,6 hectares. Its neighbor villages are Cobacesti, Nicoleni, Cehetel, Turdeni.
It is an ancient village, it appears is the decimal notes of the pope from 1333 as Villa Tarca.
Among the legends about Firtos we can find the legend about the origins of the village. According to it the lord of the castle had his mayor at Tarcesti and his guards were fed by the food that was brought from here. To explain: “tarcsa” in Hungarian dialect means to keep and the guards were kept by the food from the village, so it got the name Tarcsafalva. ( Orban Balazs)
The village has 204 inhabitants, all of them Hungarians. 192 of them are Unitarians, 10 Roman Catholics, 1 Reformed and one has other religious beliefs. ( dates from 2002)
The village had church in gothic style already in the fourteenth century that existed until the nineteenth century. In 1898 it was pulled down and from its material they built the actual Unitarian church. On the southern part of the church and in the bell tower there can be seen crumbling stones. These are probably the remains of the carvings from the Middle Ages but unfortunately their carved parts can’t be seen.
The belfry can be found in the passage of the church, it is made of wood and was made by 1734 by Palffy Gyorgy.
In the village there were two mansions. One of them belonged to the baron Daniel Lajos and the other to Palffy Gyorgy. The Palffy mansion stood east to the Unitarian church and it was pulled down during World War II. The ruins of the mansion can be seen today, too.
From touristic it is important that the monumental church from Enlak is only three hours away from there. The fish pond from Turdeni is close too that gives the possibility to fishing and bathing. From the top of the Fenes and Avas peaks one can practice glidings.
Its school was organized between 1788-1789. After the statalization of the school there existed a school up to the seventh grade. Today there is only an elementary school. The other children go to school to Cobacesti. For a few years they are going to school by bus.
The cultural house was built in 1939 and there was a library in it. The teachers used to organize different cultural activities, folk dance groups and acting groups. The David Ferenc Youth Organization had a choir lead by the minister Katona Jozsef.
The harvest ball and the farewell party for the soldiers are living traditions. The youth revived the carnival dance and performances together with the ministers.
In the school they celebrate Santa Clause, Christmas and Mothers’ Day.
The Eastern dawning games are revived, too.
The Unitarian community is in fellowship relations with the community from Greenfield, Massachusetts , U.S.