The village lies north to Ruganesti in the deep valley of the Chedia stream as twin village of Chedia Mica . Going on the 38 village road it can be easily approached from the upper part of Ruganesti. Its neighbors are: Chedia Mica in the east, Gagy in the north, Ciucani in the west, Ruganesti in the south. The 500 meters long village is divided into Alszeg and Felszegy (an upper part and a lower part) and it has two streets. The village was having a problem with drinking water that is why they had made a gas pipe nerby in 1980.
The village has 25 inhabitants, 24 of them Hungarians, 1 Romanian. The Unitarian religion is the dominant religion (18 persons), it is followed by the Reformed religion (6 persons) and one person is Orthodox.
The former Catholic village became a Unitarian village during the Reformation. Together with the Unitarian Chedia Mare they built a church on the hill found between the two villages, called the Church hill. So the two settlements form a distinct church since 1816 when they separated from Nicolesti.
According to some sources the church already existed in 1723, but it was rebuilt in 1900 from wood in a New Renaissance manner.
The belfry bought in 1828 made from oak tree was built on the southern part of the church.
The Reformed living in the village built a church in 1800 that was pulled down in 1942. Later services were held in the towered chapel in the center of the village. Because of the chapel’s bad condition nowadays the congregation uses to pray at private houses. The minister is Jakab Imola from Simonesti, the caretaker of the congregation is Benedekffy Albert, 96 years old member of the congregation.
The first elementary school was founded in 1820 together with Chedia Mare. For many years the writer, and folk-poetry gatherer Tiboldi Istvan was a teacher of the school.
Every year it is harder to keep up functioning the elementary school because of the little number of children.
In Chedia Mare they founded a |Reformed elementary school only in 1922. From 1948 to 1970 there was a state school. After that was closed the children went to school to Chedia Mica.
Until 1675 there was a lively cultural life in the village. The community house was built in 1923 where they performed plays, organized balls every year. They also organized parties in the open air, especially on the 1 st of May. The village used to have a library, unfortunately the most of the books were lost during the 2 nd World War.
Nowadays because of the heavy migration of the inhabitants cultural life in the village is dead.